- Reference Number : refs/008832
- Directorate : Sub-Directorate: Clients Relations Management
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R 376 596.00 pa plus benefits
- Enquiries : Lebohang Molefe: 011 355 8060/Siphiwe Nhlapho 011355 8540
A three (3) years National Diploma/Degree in Public Administration/Public Relations / Communication / Event Management / or equivalent qualification as recognised by SAQA.3 years’ experience in an administration/public relations/ events management and knowledge and understanding of the Gauteng Liquor Act and its Regulations. Must have Computer Literacy ,Verbal and written communication ,Interpersonal skills ,Knowledge of PFMA , Strong organizational skills, including ability to multi task, able to communicate effectively oral and in writing (report writing skills), Presentation Skills, Administration Skills, facilitation Skills and Research skills. Ability to work in a highly pressured environment. Must have a drivers license.
• Conduct Liquor exhibitions, workshops, campaigns and road shows on Liquor Act and other Liquor related matters • Develop and implement education programme for Liquor traders • Educate Liquor Traders around the Gauteng Liquor law regulating the liquor industry • Educate the public and school Leaners about the negative effects of excessive alcohol consumption and alcohol abuse • Provide education on the Gauteng Liquor Act, Liquor Regulations and other relevant laws. • Ensure informed liquor traders, citizens and stakeholders in respect of the Gauteng Liquor Act and Regulations • Educate the public on the harm reduction and participate on harm reduction initiatives • Initiate education and awareness through electronic media and social media • Conduct liquor information sessions with stakeholders such as Liquor associations, NGO’s and the community, government departments and Agencies • Research topics and conduct needs analysis according to geographic and demographic • Plan liquor education strategy based on the research results, dynamics of respective communities and stakeholders • Contribute towards the GLB planning process. • Ensure stakeholder engagements • Partner and liaise with Liquor Traders Associations, SAPS Liquor Officers, local drug action committees and relevant clusters and focus group meetings • Participate and represent the department on provincial forums and campaign on alcohol and substance abuse • Assists in writing publications for Liquor Licensing Education • Assists with the development of educational material on various subjects areas on alcohol abuse , responsible trade , underage drinking , harm reduction etc and distribute material to targeted groups
- All applications to be submitted via the Disability Connect website or at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za
Employer : Department of Economic Development
Location : 56 Umnotho House
Closing Date : 04-06-2021
|Do you have the relevant qualification|
|3 years’ experience in an administration/public relations/ events management and knowledge and understanding of the Gauteng Liquor Act and its Regulations.|
|Do you have a drivers license|
Please Note :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.