- Reference Number : refs/012049
- Directorate : HUMAN RESOURCE
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 376 596.00. per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Mrs. PZN .Mofokeng
- • Appropriate 4 year Degree in Psychology (Industrial, BA or B. Psych) or Social Work • 3 years’ practical experience in the administration and management of Employee Wellness programmes • Registration with the Health Professions Council of SA or SA Council for Social Services Professions • Experience in individual/group work counselling. • Valid driver’s licence. • Supervisory experience in Employee Health wellness Competency requirements: • Knowledge of DPSA EHWP Strategic Framework • Basic knowledge of Employee/Labour Relations policies • Knowledge of HIV/TB prevention and management strategies • Knowledge of Occupational Health Safety management • Proficiency in MS Office • Stakeholder management skills • Conflict management and interpersonal relations (including diversity)skills • Communication skills (written, presentation, verbal and listening) • Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills • Ability to develop, interpret and apply policies • Presentation, Analytical, communication and Counselling skills
- • Ensure implementation and management of an integrated Employee Wellness Programme • Co-ordinate EAP, OHS and HIV/AIDS programmes • Render employee assistance through counselling (Individual and group sessions) and other forms of interventions I.e. referrals to relevant professionals • Provide assistance for job performance, workplace behavioural problems, absenteeism and incapacity • Establish and support forums and committee in an institution • Provide advice and guidance to management and staff on related matters • Establish peer educators, OHS representatives and EHWP committee • Provide psychoeducation and training for peer educators and the organization • Generate, consolidate and submit reports (including trends analysis) and statistics for the CEO and the provincial office • Establish and develop wellness centre in the Institution. • Develop a “care for caregiver” and lay counselling for line managers program. • Participation in the induction program for newly appointed staff • Liaise with provincial office and other stakeholders Benchmark EAP/Wellness practices to ensure best practice EAP programme for HPCSA staff • Promote health awareness and the facilitation of health-related events, activities and interventions (Wellness Day, HIV/AIDS, etc.) • Champion employee value preposition programme • Support Early Childhood Developmental programme on the facility • Research and advise management on total quality management of EWP. • Compile report ,data analysis and implement recommended intervention of EWP • Provide guidance and support on Health and productivity management, PILIR and diversity management in the operational • Implementation of Policy on reasonable accommodation and assistive devises (PRAAD)
- APPLICATIONS: Applicant may apply online via Disability Connect or at www.professionaljobcenter.gpg.gov.za and the newly acquired Departmental electronic-Health jobs system: www.healthjobs.co.za. NOTE: The Department of Health is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and Equity employment, especially of race, gender and disability. Application must be submitted on a new Z83 form with a C.V, Certified copies of I.D, Health Professions Council of SA and Qualifications to be attached. NOT an OSD post. Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification). Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. Successful candidates will undergo a medical screening test.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Bertha Gxowa Hospital
Closing Date : 01-10-2021
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.