- Reference Number : refs/011668
- Directorate : Facilities & Security Management
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R376 596.00 Per annum
- Enquiries : Ms. Miyelani Tshabalala – 063 691 4046
- Matric plus NQF level 6/ National Diploma in Security Management, any related qualification, extensive security experience of which 7 years should be in supervisory level. A security certificate offered by the State Security Agency (SSA) will be an added advantage. Competencies: excellent communication and report writing skills, presentation skills, conflicting resolution and problem-solving skills. Candidates must have the knowledge of the following: Project management as well as extensive knowledge of security legislation such as Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS), Minimum Physical Security Standards (MPSS), the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act and Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977. Furthermore, candidates are required to have clear knowledge of Public Finance Management Act 1 of 1999. A valid driver’s license is a must.
- Draft and develop vetting procedures, assist in development of security policies, Vetting Administration, vetting of companies and Background checks (pre-screening) of short listed candidate for employment. As well as vetting awareness. Ensure conducting of Threat and Risk Assessment within the Department, Coordinate vetting and screening of Departmental officials and contractors. Conduct security investigations, report breaches and or suspected breaches of security to Security Management and to law enforcement agencies (SAPS). Report leakage or suspected leakage of sensitive information to the State Security Agency (SSA) for investigations. Coordinate information security audits, conduct after hours inspections and enforce information security compliance within the Department. Compile and submit information security audit reports to the SSA on monthly basis or when required to do so. Ensure provisioning and implementation of relevant storage facilities as to enhance information security. Provide security support and assistance to events management committee as well as to ensure proper coordination of security planning before and during the MEC events.
- No late applications will be considered. No faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Applications should be submitted strictly online via Disability Connect or at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za and it should be accompanied by a Z83, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as copies of qualifications, Identity and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Following the interview and exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic management competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic management and development for SMS posts. The Department reserves the right not to make appointment(s) to the advertised post(s).
Employer : Department of Human Settlements
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 27-08-2021
|Do you have Matric plus NQF level 6/ National Diploma in Security Management or any related/relevant qualification?|
|Do you have extensive security experience with a minimum of 7 years’ experience at supervisory level?|
|Do you have knowledge of security legislation such as Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS), Minimum Physical Security Standards (MPSS), the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act, Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977 and Public Finance Management Act 1 of 1999?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.