- Reference Number : refs/008610
- Directorate : SCM – Asset Management
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R376 596.00 per annum
- Enquiries : Ms M Tshabalala – 063 691 4046
- Matric plus National Diploma in Accounting or Financial Management (NQF Level 6). 3-4 years relevant experience in Assets Management. A valid driver’s License.
Maintain complete asset register for the department. Ensure that all procured assets are barcoded when delivered. Ensure all signed off movement forms are updated in the asset register. All assets disposed of and written off removed from the main asset register to disposal register. Develop verification plan. Submit a disposal list of identified assets to be disposed. Conduct spot checks and asset verification yearly, and identify Redundant, Obsolete assets and lost asset for disposal. Ensure that all assets are bar-coded, duplicates are corrected, and offices have inventory lists and asset register is updated. Verification reports submitted with findings and recommendations. Ensure the performance of asset reconciliation between BAS/SAP register is complete and ensure correct classification, in case of misallocation and correct journals. Ensure preparation of asset reconciliation and sign it off on a monthly basis and submit for review and approval. Ensure submission of a complete signed monthly reconciliation to Provincial Accounting System (PAS). Prepare a monthly reconciliation with supporting schedules of the asset registers to the relevant accounting records and resolve uncleared items. Ensure that all departmental assets are safeguarded and properly utilised. Dispose of unwanted, obsolete, unserviceable and redundant assets and update the FAR. Maintain complete disposal register and Loss register. Coordinate Asset Disposal Committee Meetings. Submit disclosure notes of all assets for IFS and AFS. Reporting on verification plan with findings. Reporting on section 40 and section 42 of PFMA. Attend to and respond on the auditor’s queries during the audit. Reporting on maintenance, disposals and movement of assets. Preparation and maintain lease registers relating to departmental Machinery and equipment (Fleet, Photocopying Machine and Departmental Cell Phones). Prepare a monthly reconciliation with supporting schedules of the asset registers to the relevant accounting records and resolve uncleared items. Competencies: Knowledge of the Public Service Regulatory Framework. Knowledge of the department Strategy. Knowledge of the SCM and procedures. In depth knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations’ Financial Delegations and Risk Management. SKILLS: Communication, Computer literacy, Analytical, Presentation, Report writing, Leadership, Planning and Organising.
- No late applications will be considered. No faxed or emailed applications will be accepted.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Applications should be submitted strictly online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za and it should be accompanied by a Z83, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualifications, Identity and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Following the interview and exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic management competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic management and development for SMS posts. The Department reserves the right not to make appointment(s) to the advertised post(s).
Employer : Department of Human Settlements
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 07-05-2021
|Do you have Matric plus National Diploma in Accounting or Financial Management (NQF Level 6)?|
|Do you have 3-4 years relevant experience in Assets Management?|
|Do you have in depth knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations’ Financial Delegations and Risk Management?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
Please Note :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.