- Reference Number : REFS/007737
- Directorate : Provincial Secretariat
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R1 251 183 per annum. An all-inclusive remuneration package
- Enquiries : Ms Evelyn Makgopa Tel: 011 689 3726 / 3701 / 3845 / 3941
Matric and Bachelor Degree (NQF Leve 07) / Honours (NGF Level 8) qualification preferably in Criminal Justice System / Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA’s) and / Public Management and Administration, 6 -10 years’ relevant experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Senior Management Service position in the Provincial Secretariat, Criminal Justice System or Law Enforcement Agency environment. Valid Code 08 Drivers License. No criminal record or any cases pending against you. Knowledge and Skills: Departmental policies and procedures, relevant public service regulations, Gauteng Safety Strategy, Reporting procedures, information system, SAPS Act, regulations and amendments, South Africa Constitution, Domestic Violence Act, 1998, Child Care Act, 1983, Criminal Procedure Act, 1977, Employment Equity Act, 1998. Interpreting and evaluating information, verbal and written communication, organizing/maintaining information, communicating information, computer literacy, problem solving and conflict management, listening and negotiation, tact and diplomacy, team work, discipline and financial management.
Manage the provision of the Provincial Secretariat within Gauteng City Region (GCR). Improve overall service delivery of LEA’s. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of LEA’s and promote community police relations and partnerships within GCR. Monitor and evaluate the conduct and performance of LEA’s, establish community safety structures and coordinate the social crime prevention methodologies within the corridor. Provide oversight on criminal justice systems (CJS). Management and conduct research, policy development and information management. Manage resources (Human, Finance, Equipment, Assets) in the Chief Directorate.
- Gauteng DCS is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive employer and it is its intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment. In the filling of vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources Directives will be taken into consideration. People with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply. APPLICATION: Applicants must apply online at: www.gautengonline.gov.za
- NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a NEW Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. The completed and signed Z83 form should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s), ID-document and Driver’s License where required. The certification must be within six (06) months. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification. The Department of Community Safety reserves the right not to make an appointment and to use other recruitment processes. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme (Nyukela) is required before the appointment can be made. Enrolment for the course should be made on the NSG’s website at https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme Suitably qualified, dynamic, passionate and experienced persons are invited to apply for the vacant position. The Department will not accept emailed or hand delivered applications.
Employer : Department of Community Safety
Location : JOHANNESBURG
Closing Date : 23-04-2021
|Do you have Matric and Bachelor Degree (NQF Leve 07) / Honours (NGF Level 8) qualification preferably in Criminal Justice System / Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA’s) and / Public Management and Administration?|
|Do you have 6 -10 years’ relevant experience experience in the Provincial Secretariat, Criminal Justice System or Law Enforcement Agency environment?|
|Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Senior Management Service position in the Provincial Secretariat, Criminal Justice System or Law Enforcement Agency environment?|
|Do you have a Valid Code 08 Drivers License?|
Please Note :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.