- Reference Number : REFS/008519
- Directorate : Public Transport Services
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : All-inclusive salary package of R1 251 183.00 per annum. The package includes a basic salary (70% of package), and a flexible portion that may be structured in terms of the applicable guidelines
- Enquiries : Ms. Mbali Mbatha, Director: HR Planning and Administration, Tel no: (011) 355-7026/7492
- R B Com Degree in Transport Management or equivalent qualification (NQF level 7) as recognized by SAQA; plus training and courses in management practices relevant to the key roles.
- A minimum of 5 years’ senior management experience within the public transport transport environment. Knowledge of public transport services will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience in: Government regulatory frameworks and policies governing public transport and roads; Engineering Professional Act; Gauteng Infrastructure Act 2001; National Transport Land Act 2009; National Roads Traffic Act; Relevant Legislation and Public Service Regulations; Financial Management; Analytical thinking; Change Management; Project Management; Policy Development; Planning and Organising. Nyukela SMS Pre-entry certificate.
- Manage public operations; Develop and implement public transport policy and priorities in Gauteng;
- Contribute to development of national policy, legislation and priorities;
- Promote transformation of public transportation industry; Manage modal integration and special projects; Provide strategic leadership to the Chief Directorate; Manage the resources of the component and perform generic management functions.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening (vetting); and may be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department. A pre-entry certificate obtained from National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants. The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the link:https://www.thensg.gov.za/trainingcourse/sms-pre-entryprogramme/.
- Following the interview, it is mandatory that the recommended candidates undergo a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the DPSA Directive. All applications and supporting documents (completed and signed Z83 form, certified copies of educational qualifications, driver’s licence and Identity Document) can be submitted on the Disability Connect website, or delivered: to Life Centre Building, 45 Commissioner Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2107 or post to P.O Box X83, Marshalltown, 2107.
- Applications received after the closing date will be disqualified. Certified copies must not be older that six (6) months. Errors and omissions will be rectified. The Department reserves the right not to fill the position.
Employer : Department of Roads and Transport
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 23-04-2021
|Do you have a B Com Degree in Transport Management or Transport Economics, B.Eng/ Bsc Civil or Industrial Engineering or equivalent qualification (NQF level 7) as recognized by SAQA; plus training and courses in management practices relevant to the key roles?|
|Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ senior management experience within the public transport environment?|
|Do you have knowledge of and experience in: Government regulatory frameworks and policies governing public transport and roads?|
|Do you have knowledge of public transport services?|
Please Note :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.