- Reference Number : refs/008583
- Directorate : CHIEF DIRECTOR: RESEARCH AND POLICY DEVELOPMENT
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 1 251 183 – 1 473 852 (all-inclusive remuneration package)
- Enquiries : Ms Sylvia Mtshali: Tel No: (011) 355 6280
- An appropriate NQF level 7 qualification in Public Administration, Politics, Economic Policy, Social Policy, Public Policy & Governance, Policy Studies and/or relevant qualification. An appropriate postgraduate qualification in the Policy Development and Research will be an added advantage. 5-10 years relevant functional experience in the Senior Management position with proven managerial skills, of which 3 years in the public sector environment. The successful candidate must possess strong research, strategic, leadership, and management skills. A good understanding of government priorities and knowledge of the South African political landscape and the socio-economic environment within which Public Service delivery takes place. Understanding of the legislature proceedings and parliament Understanding of Parliamentary procedures and standing rules of the Legislature. KEY COMPETENCIES : Demonstrable Policy analysis, formulation and research; analytical and problem-solving; Communication (written and verbal).Financial management, Programme and project management, People management and empowerment competencies. ATTRIBUTES: Ability to work under pressure, in a team and independently and to cope with a high workload discipline. S/he must be assertiveness, innovative and creative.
- As part of the Senior Management team of the Office of the Premier, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for the overall management and/ or coordination of the following functions: Lead and manage policy research and development across the Gauteng City Region (GCR). Determination of the norms and standards for policy development and monitoring and evaluation in the Social, Economic, Governance and Planning clusters within the GCR. Conduct analysis of the literature on the policy development for GCR. Provide evidence-based decision making in the GCR. Analyse and assess cabinet memos, resolutions and public service charter and provide evidence-based decision making. Manage the GCR Data Office, working with e-Government and establish policy that filters to all Gauteng Province (GP) civil servants. Ensure proper storage of data as well as the transmission requirements of specific data. Manage the Chief Directorate: Policy Research and Development.
- Applicants should please note the following: • All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. • Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection committee will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. • The successful candidate will be required to conclude an annual performance agreement within three (3) months upon commencement of duty. • The appointment of the successful candidate is subject to the issuing of a positive security clearance at the level of Secret by the State Security Agency. The incumbent will be required to disclose her/his financial interest in accordance with the prescribed regulations. • NB. Requirement for all posts, Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme.
- Qualifications will be verified (It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Qualifying applicants should submit their applications accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, New Application Form (Z83), which can be found on the www.dpsa.gov.za, certified copies of qualifications and at least three (3) contactable referees quoting the relevant reference number to: The Director: Internal Human Resources Management, Ms Merles Motlhabane, Office of the Premier, 65 Ntemi Piliso Street, Turbine Hall, Johannesburg 2001 or by mail to Private Bag x 61 Marshalltown,2107, www.gautengonline.gov.za, or email Recruitment.Premier@gauteng.gov.za, or via the Disability Connect website using the button below.
Employer : Office Of The Premier
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 03-05-2021
|Are you in possession of an NQF level 7 qualification in Public Administration, Politics, Economic Policy, Social Policy, Public Policy & Governance, Policy Studies and/or relevant qualification?|
|Do you have 5 to 10 years relevant functional experience at Senior Management level of which 3 years is in the Public Services?|
Please Note :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.