- Reference Number : refs/011854
- Directorate : Hospital Services
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R1 057 326 per annum (All-inclusive remuneration package)
- Enquiries : Mr F Magoro Contact: (072) 574 4593
- A degree/advanced diploma in a health-related field, registration with the relevant professional body, a post graduate degree in management. A minimum of five to ten years management experience in the health sector at least at middle management level. A valid driver’s licence is an inherent requirement. COMPETENCIES: Knowledge of relevant legislation such as National Health Act, Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Public Service Act; and related Regulations and policies. Core Competencies: Strategic capability and leadership, Programme and project management, Financial Management, Change management, People management and empowerment. Process Competencies: Service delivery innovation, Knowledge management, Problem solving and analysis, Communication, Client orientation and customer focus.
- Job Purpose: to plan, direct, co-ordinate and manage the efficient and effective delivery of clinical and administrative support services through working with the key executive management team at the hospital within the legal and regulatory framework; to represent the hospital authoritatively at provincial and public forums; to provide strategic leadership to improve operational efficiency within the health establishment to improve health outcomes. Strategic Planning: prepare a strategic plan for the hospital to ensure that it is in line with the 10-point plan, national, provincial, regional and district plans. Financial Management: maximise revenue through collection of all income due to the hospital; ensure that the hospital is managed within budget in line with the PFMA and relevant guidelines; ensure that adequate policies, systems and procedures are in place to enable prudent management of financial resources, planning of financial resource mobilisation, monitoring and evaluation and asset and risk management. Facility Management: ensure business support and systems to promote optimal management of the institution as well as optimal service delivery; ensure that systems and procedures are in place to ensure planning and timeous maintenance of facilities and equipment. Human Resource Management: develop, implement and maintain human resource management policies and guidelines, systems and procedures that will ensure effective and efficient utilisation of human resources; promote a safe and healthy working environment through compliance with relevant legislation including occupational health and safety committees. Ensure continuous development and training of personnel and implement monitoring and evaluation of performance. Procurement and Management of Equipment and Supplies: implement a procurement and provisioning system that is fair, transparent, competitive and cost effective in terms of provincial delegated authority and in line with the PFMA; ensure that goods and services are procured in a cost effective and timely manner. Clinical and Corporate Governance: oversee clinical governance to ensure high standards of patient care; establish community networks and report to the Hospital Board. Responsible for corporate governance inclusive of infrastructure planning and maintenance as well as occupational health and safety; manage the institution’s risks to ensure optimal achievement of health outcomes. report writing skills. Willing to work after hours, standby or on call basis.
- Applicants must apply on line on the following portal: http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/. A FULLY COMPLETED Z83 application form, recently updated CV, copies of qualifications , identity document must be attached. A mandatory pre-entry certificate obtained by registering on the following link :https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-courses/sms-pre-entry-programme/ is mandatory when applying for SMS positions. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. Successful candidates may be appointed on a probation period of 12 months. The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. Successful candidates will be expected to sign a performance agreement. The recommended candidate may be subjected to Medical Surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993. It is the Department’s intension to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filing of this post with a candidate whose transfer /promotion / appointment will promote representativity in line with the numeric targets as contained in our Employment Equity plan. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Pholosong Hospital
Closing Date : 17-09-2021
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.