- Reference Number : refs/008557
- Directorate : Clinical Forensic Medical Services
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : Grade 1 R 444,276.00 – R 500,031.00 (including benefits)
- Enquiries : Ms. P Thango (071) 602 1960
- An appropriate qualification Degree/Diploma in Nursing. A minimum of 7 years’ appropriate experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing of which 3 – 5 years working experience in clinical Forensic Medicine. Current registration with South African Nursing Council. Valid driver’s license. Be computer literate Good communication and sound interpersonal skills are necessary. Basic understanding of PFMA other relevant legislative framework that govern Clinical Forensic Medicine.
- To demonstrate an in depth understanding of nursing legislation and related legal and ethical nursing practices and how this impacts on service delivery particular cases of trauma and injuries. To ensure good clinical –practice for prevention of injuries and non- natural deaths. to promote quality of clinical care are as directed by the professional scope of practice and standards as determined by the relevant facility to support the justice system. To facilitate implementation, monitoring and evaluation of polices and strategies. Provide support for Clinical Forensic Medical Services at district level. Liaise with stakeholders including NGOs tertiary and research institutions. Facilitate training pertaining to injury prevention strategies. Conduct research on causes of injuries and non- natural deaths and implement prevention strategies Facilitate and / or conduct education and awareness to communities. Develop guidelines on strategic framework on prevention of injuries and non- natural deaths. Liaise with stakeholders as part pf a team for the comprehensive management of victims of crime. Manage projects as assigned.
- Gauteng Forensic Medical Service is committed to the pursuit of diversity, redress and will promote representation in terms of race, disability and gender. Applications must consist of a fully completed and signed Z83 form with a comprehensive CV containing contactable references as well as certified copies of qualifications and identity document. The relevant reference number must be quoted in the application form. In terms of the National Qualification Framework Amendment Act 2019 it is an offence for any person to falsely or fraudulently claim to hold a qualification. Any person found to be misrepresenting their qualifications, work experience or facts in their CV will be disqualified and reported to the appropriate authority. The department reserve the right to fill and not to fill the advertise post. Applications must be delivered to-: Forensic Medical Service 11 Diagonal Street 13 floor, reception, can be posted to-: Forensic Medical Service P.O Box 7128 Johannesburg 2000. Due to technical problems with GPG vacancy website that the institution is consistently facing, applicants are encouraged to apply using hand delivery, postal address.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Head Office
Closing Date : 23-04-2021