- Reference Number : REFS/011639
- Directorate : AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS & MARKETING
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R869 007 per annum (all inclusive remunerative package)
- Enquiries : Ms Gugu Nevondo 011 240 3090
- Matric plus an appropriate Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics/Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Management (NQF level 8) qualification or equivalent with Economics and/or Agricultural Economics as major subjects. Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience required. Valid driver’s License. COMPETENCIES: Computer skills, Statistical skills (high level of analysis of the trends, and forecasting of challenges), Advanced negotiation skills, Working knowledge of economic and financial (advanced) analytical techniques, and Advanced communication/presentation skills.
- Continuous in-depth study/research of developments/patterns/trends in a specific agricultural environment (e.g. resources, production, marketing, reform, macroeconomics, farm management, agricultural business, international trade and investment, business support, rural development etc.) Manage the analysis/identification of economic questions/challenges in a specific environment/situation pertaining to legislation/strategy/ policy initiatives/interventions. Manage the application, adaptation and/or development of models in order to reflect the current situation and/or forecast/project possible scenarios. Manage and undertake the implementation of trade and investment initiatives, negotiations and policies. Manage the supervision of advice to internal and external stakeholders on the impact of forecasts for decision-making, initiatives and/or interventions within a specific environment. Manage the development, monitoring and evaluation of business plans. Establish and maintain a network with economic/agricultural analysis institutions.
- To apply for the above position, please apply online via Disability Connect or at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House Johannesburg. Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website which must be completed in full. Candidates must attach their recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies are allowed; certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. NB: For assistance with online applications, visit the following centres: 78 Fox Street, Marshalltown or Maponya Mall. It is the Department’s intention to promote representivity (Race, Gender and Disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of Race, Gender and Disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 20-08-2021
|Do you have Matric plus an appropriate Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics/Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Management (NQF level 8) qualification or equivalent with Economics and/or Agricultural Economics as major subjects?|
|Do you have Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience required?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.