- Reference Number : refs/011607
- Directorate : Management Accounting
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R733 257.00 per Annum (All-inclusive package)
- Enquiries : Ms. Alinah Mogaswa 0723138052
- A relevant 3 year degree (B. Com) in Financial Management /and Financial Accounting. 4-5 years’ relevant experience in Financial Management as an Assistant Director in Public Sector. Excellent knowledge of Public Sector finance, budgeting processes accounting practices and financial legislation including the SCOA, PFMA, Treasury Regulations, GAAP and GRAP requirements . Compliance with the policies governing the expenditure of voted and donor funds. Experience in working with consultants, both on long and short term basis will be an advantage .Experience in working with Pastel . Excellent report writing skills.
- Manage financial planning, budgeting and reporting sub directorate: Monitor the policy and legislative framework to ensure that cognizance is taken of new developments. Develop and maintain policies and processes for financial management. Monitor cash flow and submit cash flow reports and plans as required. Monitor compliance with financial prescripts. Planning – Coordinate, review, analyse and quality assure the financial supporting information for planning purposes: Coordinate and review the necessary financial supporting documents required for the strategic and annual performance planning process. Analyse and quality assures the relevant financial information required in the evaluation and development of business and project plans. Check and verify the supporting information for various financial planning processes. Budgeting – Coordinate, review, analyse and quality assure the budget preparation process: Coordinate the preparation and consultation for the MTEF budget process. Analyse, interpret and implement the treasury guidelines for the estimates of national expenditure. Develop templates for the collection of budget information from other units and programme managers. Align budget statements with the annual performance plan, strategic plan. Analyse and interpret the requirements for the monthly cash flow and adjusted cash flow as prescribed by Treasury and recommend corrective action where required. Undertake the planning and supervise the preparation and consultation process in the implementation of the adjustments estimates process. Reporting – Coordinate, review, analyse and quality assure the management accounting reporting processes. Manage the roll-over, adjustment estimates, and virement process. Ensure compliance with GAAP and GRAP requirements. Oversee legislative compliance, and in particular the financial accountability processes as defined by the PFMA and Ensure appropriate regulatory reporting
- No late applications will be considered. No faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Applications should be submitted strictly online via Disability Connect or at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za and it should be accompanied by a new Z83, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as copies of qualifications, Identity and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Following the interview and exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic management competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic management and development for SMS posts. The Department reserves the right not to make appointment(s) to the advertised post(s).
Employer : Department of Human Settlements
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 27-08-2021
|Do you have a relevant 3-year degree (B. Com) in Financial Management/ and Financial Accounting?|
|Do you have at least 4-5 years’ relevant experience in Financial Management as an Assistant Director in Public Sector?|
|Do you have excellent knowledge of Public Sector finance, budgeting processes accounting practices and financial legislation including the SCOA, PFMA, Treasury Regulations, GAAP and GRAP requirements?|
|Do you have experience in working with consultants, both on long and short term basis ? Do you also have experience in working with Pastel? & have excellent report writing skills?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.