- Reference Number : refs/011540
- Directorate : Corporate Communications
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R733 257.00 Per annum (All-inclusive package)
- Enquiries : Ms. Alinah Mogaswa – 072 313 8052
- BA Degree in Communications and/or BA Degree in Corporate Communications and/or a National Diploma in Public Relation and/or Marketing and/or associated disciplines related to communications qualifications. Atleast 4-6 years relevant experience in communications and or Public Relations industry with post-graduate qualification as an added advantage or 12-15 years relevant work experience in a corporate communications environment at an Assistant Director level. Track record in managing marketing campaigns. Must demonstrate understanding of government communications, strategic management and leadership within the corporate communications, marketing or events management industry, knowledge of the principle and practices of administration, personnel management and budget management
- Develop concept documents for marketing initiatives and Departmental events. Manage the implementation of marketing campaigns across different platforms. Coordinate and implement Departmental Outreach Campaigns which include Focus Month campaigns. Manage and implement departmental events and marketing events. Identify and coordinate the department’s participation in strategic exhibition opportunities. Develop and maintain an updated Calendar of Events for the Department. Manage the performance and development of the sub-business unit. Develop and manage the operational, quarterly, and monthly plans of the sub-business unit. Compile and submit performance and administrative reports.
- No faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Applications should be submitted strictly online via Disability Connect or at www.gautengonline.gov.za and it should be accompanied by a Z83, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualifications, Identity and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Following the interview and exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic management competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic management and development for SMS posts. The Department reserves the right not to make appointment(s) to the advertised post.
Employer : Department of Human Settlements
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 27-08-2021
|Do you have BA Degree in Communications and/or BA Degree in Corporate Communications and/or National Diploma in Public Relations or Marketing or associated disciplines related to communications?|
|Do you have At least 4-6 years’ relevant experience in communications and/or public relations industry or 12-15 years’ work experience in a corporate communications environment at an Assistant Director level?|
|Do you have a track record in managing marketing campaigns; understand government communications, strategic management and leadership within the corporate communications, marketing or events management industry, knowledge of the principle and practices of administration, personnel management and budget management?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.