- Reference Number : REFS/008554
- Directorate : Security and Facility Management
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R1 057 326.00 per annum All-inclusive remuneration package
- Matric and Bachelor Degree (NQF Level 7) /Honours (NQF Level 8) qualification in Public Administration or Management/ Business Administration or Management / Risk Management / Facility / Property Management Qualification and Must be in a possession of Security Vetted Certificate.
- 6 -10 years’ experience in security and facilities management services with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Middle Management Service position.
- Valid Code 08 Drivers License.
- No criminal record or any cases pending against you.
- Knowledge and Skills: Gauteng Provincial Government(GPG) and Public Service policies and procedures, knowledge management, understanding of the Department’s strategic objectives, people management and empowerment, change management, client orientation and customer focus, communication, service delivery innovations, programme and project management, understanding of community safety strategies, knowledge of Safety and Security Framework and knowledge of Public Service Regulatory Framework. National Intelligence Processes, Criminal Procedures Act, Disaster Management, Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) processes, Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicle Act. Customer relationship management, interpersonal relations, conflict management, communication, facilitation, presentation, report writing and computer literacy.
- Oversee the provisioning of auxiliary services, Occupational Health and Safety and ensure the provision of physical and information security services. Develop and facilitate the implementation of the departmental master security management plan. Facilitate the implementation of the MISS (Minimum Information Security Standard) and MPSS Minimum Physical Security Standards in the Department. Monitor departmental compliance with the standards set out in the MISS and MPSS and facilitate the implementation of corrective action. Develop the departmental security risk register and recommend mitigation strategies. Conduct preliminary investigations. Manage the provisioning of VIP security services in line with the diplomatic protocols. Develop and implement Security policies, protocol and procedures. Manage vetting processes with National Security Agency. Provide technical support to establish the departmental security level regime. Manage the Service Level Agreement with the Landlord. Manage the provisioning of reception and switchboard services. Manage the provisioning of housekeeping services and the maintenance of the building. Manage and monitor compliance of occupational health and safety standards against the Occupational Health and Safety Act imperatives. Manage the provisioning of Office space. Identify and manage the financial, human and equipment resources of the Programme required to optimally support the implementation of the Unit’s Annual Performance Plan. Represent the strategic intent of the Programme as part of internal resource allocation processes. Manage and account for the utilisation of the financial resources of the Programme in line with the departmental delegations. Monitor, evaluate and account for the effective and efficient utilisation (value for money) of allocated resources. Direct, manage and account for the utilisation of the Unit’s human resources. Direct the utilisation of technology in support of the Unit’s business processes. Develop standard Service Level Agreements (SLA) for the execution of Corporate Support Services activities including facilities and securities management. Co-ordinate the development or procurement and installation of security access systems in the Department.
- Gauteng DCS is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive employer and it is its intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment. In the filling of vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources Directives will be taken into consideration. People with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification. The Department of Community Safety reserves the right not to make an appointment and to use other recruitment processes. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme (Nyukela) is required before the appointment can be made. Enrolment for the course should be made on the NSG’s website at https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme Suitably qualified, dynamic, passionate and experienced persons are invited to apply for the vacant position. The Department will not accept emailed or hand delivered applications.
Employer : Department of Community Safety
Location : Johannesburg: Head Office
Closing Date : 23-04-2021
|Do you have a Matric and Bachelor Degree (NQF Level 7) /Honours (NQF Level 8) qualification in Public Administration or Management/ Business Administration or Management / Risk Management / Facility / Property Management Qualification and Must be in a possession of Security Vetted Certificate?|
|Do you have 6 -10 years’ experience in security and facilities management services with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Middle Management Service position?|
|Do you have a valid Code 08 Drivers License?|
|Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Middle Management Service position?|