- Reference Number : refs/008553
- Directorate : ENFORCEMENT
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R402 045.00 PER ANNUM (Plus Benefits)
- Enquiries : Mr. Elvis Mpateni: Tel No: (011) 240-2608
Matric/Grade 12 plus an appropriate Honours Degree (NQF Level 8) in Policing/ Criminal Investigations/ Environmental Law Field or relevant qualification as recognized by SAQA. 6 years’ relevant experience in criminal investigations and law enforcement. Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
COMPETENCIES: Computer literacy. Good communication skills. Good project management, interpersonal coordination and document management skills. Knowledge of criminal law and Procedure, Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Law of Evidence and interpretation of Statutes. Knowledge of Environmental Law will serve as a strong recommendation.
Enforcement of environmental legislation and investigate criminal offences for prosecution within the Gauteng Province. Coordinate, manage and undertake investigations and prosecutions for the Department. Compile case docket, obtain witness/es statement. Register case docket with the SAPS, court attendance on cases handed over to the NPA. Liaison with SAPS, NPA and other stakeholders. Coordinate and assist other directorates, other levels of government and other departments, stakeholders and agencies on joint operations. Project management of strategic compliance and enforcement projects. Reporting on cases/ investigations and presenting of findings. Draft and manage all relevant administrative documentation. Carry out the functions of Environmental Management Inspector (EMI)
- To apply for the above position, please apply online via the Disability Connect website or at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House Johannesburg. Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website which must be completed in full. Candidates must attach their recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies are allowed; certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. NB: For assistance with online applications, visit the following centres: 78 Fox Street, Marshalltown or Maponya Mall. It is the Department’s intention to promote representivity (Race, Gender and Disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of Race, Gender and Disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint.
- Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Location : JOHANNESBURG
Closing Date : 23-04-2021
|Do you have Grade 12 plus an Honours Degree (NQF level 8) in Policing/ Criminal Investigations/ Environmental Law Field or relevant qualification as recognized by SAQA?|
|Do you have 6 years’ relevant experience in criminal investigations and law enforcement?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
Please Note :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.