- Reference Number : refs/008653
- Directorate : Monitoring & Evaluation
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R376 596 per annum
- Enquiries : Dr. K Tshabalala Tel No: 011 489-0014 or 011 489-0495
Diploma/ Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Risk Management, Statistic (information) with 5 years’ relevant experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation or Health Information Management Minimum or Grade 12 with 10 years’ experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation or Health Information Management at supervisory level. Experience working with DHIS/PAAB/DATCOV will be advantageous. Competencies: Exposure to data collection, analysis and interpreter, assessment and reporting of service outputs using Monitoring and Evaluation principles/framework. Competencies: Leadership qualities, strong interpersonal and communication skills with good knowledge in computer packages (Ms word, Excel, MS PowerPoint and Access, Microsoft Teams) and Batho Pele Principles, Proficiency in English and other official languages.
- Accountability for institutional data management processes. Develop institutional data management plan and SOP’s in line with DHIMS policy. Provide development and standardisation of data collection tools. Administration of Clinical Audit processes, quality Audits/data audits in the Monitoring and evaluation unit within the hospital environment. Ensuring that the audits are conducted as planned and as merited by urgency of the situation as per mandate of the supervisor. Monitor hospital indicators and produce reports of the performance, outcome of the audits undertaken. Work with departments and units to correct discrepancies emanating from audits conducted. Ensure the gathering and collection of quality date for compilation of M & E and Information data. Manage own work and identify own development needs. Perform duties and functions assigned or delegated M & E Manager and Senior Management. Collate and Coordinate daily /weekly operating reports to inform clinical intervention and planning. Update all the health information within the hospital and ensure that all challenges encounter are escalated accordingly. Communicate with the staff in the directorates for gathering evidence of performance. Ensure a pleasant working environment through maintain positive attitude at all times. Execute the implementation of the unit’s operational plan. Provide monthly M & E reports including ad-hoc reporting.
Applications must be submitted on a new version of Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s, Identity document (no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than six months old). N.B. Failure to attach relevant certified documents will result in your application disqualified. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993 and security clearance check with South African Police Services or other relevant state agencies, reference check and verification of qualifications will be conducted. Applications must be hand delivered to Human Resource department, Helen Joseph Hospital, No. 1 Perth Road Auckland Park, Basement, Johannesburg. (There is also a dedicated box at hospital entrance – ask Security Officers on duty for assistance). Alternatively, applications can be posted to Helen Joseph Hospital Private Bag X 47, Auckland Park, 2006; Attention: Human resource department.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Helen Joseph Hospital
Closing Date : 30-04-2021
|Do you have 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation or health information management?|
|Do you have a Diploma / Degree in monitoring and evaluation , Risk management?|
|Do you have experience working with DHS / PAAB / DATCOV?|
Please Note :
Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.