- Reference Number : refs/011857
- Directorate : Property Management
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 376 596.00 per annum (Plus Benefits)
- Enquiries : Ms Neo Mosebo Tel: 072 668 00029/076 521 4118
- A National Diploma (NQF 6) / Degree (NQF 7) in Office Management/ Public Managementm or related qualification as recognised by SAQA. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Office Management, of which two years should be at supervisory level. A valid driver’s license. COMPETENCIES: Knowledge of GPG and GDID strategy, policies and procedures. Relevant legislation and Public Service Regulations. Understanding of expectations of customers. Knowledge of Contracts. Management information knowledge. Project management methodologies. SKILLS- Research. Analytical thinking. Computer literacy. Communication. Problem solving. Presentation. ATTRIBUTES- People centered. Credible. Proactive. Problem-solver.
- Develop and maintain systems in the office of the DDG. Oversee and provide effective guidance and advice on the flow of information and documents to and from the DDG’s office. Ensure the safekeeping of all documentation in the office of the DDG. Verify responses drafted on matters received from internal and external stakeholders. Prepare documentation w.r.t complex issues for internal and external stakeholders. Co-ordinate and report on matters of a transverse nature to the DDG. Follow up on matters to be submitted (e.g by Provincial Departments, Municipalities, Components, etc.) Prepare presentations and briefings for the DDG Roles in terms of projects? Conduct research and compile comprehensive documents (not linked to a specific line function) for the DDG w.r.t issues forthcoming from meetings. Compile EXCO Memoranda and memoranda w.r.t sensitive issues that are not linked to a specific line function. Co-ordinate Parliamentary enquiries. Analyse complex submissions/reports and make abbreviated notes and/or recommendations for the DDG w.r.t these documents. Screen documents to determine actions /information/documents required for the meeting. Collect and compile information for the DDG w.r.t issues that need to be discussed at meetings. Render Secretariat services: Arrange for the placements of items on the agenda of meetings chaired by the DDG and ensure circulation of accompanying memoranda. Co-ordinate high level meetings including overseeing logistics, transport arrangements and take charge of invitations and RSVP functions etc. Represent and/or convene meetings on behalf of the DDG requested. Determine and collate information w.r.t the budget needs of the office of the DDG. Keep record of expenditure commitments, monitor expenditure and alert the DDG w.r.t over and under spending. Identify the need to move funds between items & compile submissions for this purpose. Manage staff (if any) in the office of the DDG.
- Note: PLEASE NOTE: To apply for the above position, please apply online via Disability Connect or at professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resources on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118. NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be accompanied by a Z83, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualifications not older than 06 months, Identity and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job). It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Head Office Johannesburg
Closing Date : 06-09-2021
|Do you have a National Diploma (NQF 6) / Degree (NQF 7) in Office Management/ Public Managementm or related qualification as recognised by SAQA?|
|Do you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Office Management, of which two years should be at supervisory level?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.